15 February 2017
Chandigarh Administration is organizing Rose Festival in the City Beautiful in the month of February for three days every year. The festival is jointly organized by Department of Tourism & Municipal Corporation, U.T. Chandigarh on the same days to make it more vibrant and fascinating.
The festival is being organized by Municipal Corporation, U.T. Chandigarh and Department of Tourism, Chandigarh Administration jointly. The Municipal Corporation, U.T. Chandigarh organize the festival in Rose Garden, Sector 16, Chandigarh and the Department of Tourism, Chandigarh organizes the festival opposite Rose Garden at Leisure Valley, Sector 10, Chandigarh.
Keeping in view, the tourism potential of these events, the Ministry of Tourism has also included Chandigarh Rose Festival in its calendar and provides Central Financial Assistance to organize the said festivals.
Under the initiative of Government of India, “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat”, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, U.T. is the partner state of Chandigarh, U.T. to exchange their rich heritage, culture, customs and traditions.
To promote the scheme of ‘Ek Bharat Shreshta Bharat’ the partner state of Chandigarh i.e. Dadra & Nagar Haveli, U.T. is also participating in the festival with Tourism Department, Chandigarh Administration at Leisure Valley, Sector 10, Chandigarh. The performers/students from Dadra & Nagar Haveli will also perform during the event and will showcase their cultural performances.
The celebrations shall provide an ample opportunity to visitors and citizens of tricity to participate in variety of events and activities, which would promote Chandigarh as a Happening City and as a hub of tourism and culture in this region.
The variety of activities are being organized during the Chandigarh Rose Festival is as under:
- Exhibit participation by various Academies, Corporations, and Government Departments.
- Day long cultural programmes by various artists on stage 1
- Amusement park/joy rides and camel rides for the visitors.
- Food Court by CIHM, AIHM, CITCO da Vehra and more
- Professional Demonstration of ITBP Band, Dog Squad.
- 360 Virtual Reality Coverage of the event (Sponsored by The Transcend)
- Free Laptop and other gifts for the visitors visiting Chandigarh Rose Festival and Leisure Valley by filling up form on entry gates which will also track the number of visitors in the festival (Sponsored by Aryans Group of Colleges (Education Partner of the event)
- Entertainment Nite by Garry Sandhu on 17th February 2017 at 06.30 PM onwards
- Punjabi Nite by Sukhshinder Shinda on 18th February 2017 at 06.30 PM onwards
- Bollywood Nite by Adnan Sami on 19th February 2017 at 06.30 PM onwards
On this occasion the Director Tourism Chandigarh, Sh. Jitender Yadav, IAS expressed that the Chandigarh Tourism has a clear mandate of cultivating tourism to the City Beautiful & attracting more national and international tourist throughout the year. Through these regular festivals and events, Chandigarh Tourism hopes to create a lively environment in the city, with an ambience of fun and festivity for all tourists to witness and enjoy.