7 May 2017
1st All India Art Exhibition organized by Kala Uday Art Society Kurukshetra at Punjab Kala Bhawan Sector 16, Chandigarh from 7th May 2017 to 10th May 2017. Prof Sh. Ram Viranjan , Head of Fine arts department Kurukshetra University Kurukshetra had his auspicious presence to inaugurate the exhibition & honor the Awardees.
Other senior Artists Ravinder Sharm from College of Arts Chandigarh (Rrtd), Artist Mahesh Prajapati from College of Arts Chandigarh,Ranbir Singh Cultural Historian & Science Writer was also invited in the function to presents there.
Kala Uday Society is a Non-Government Organization based in Kurukshetra, Haryana. With the Vision and Mission to encourage and wish to start concern among our citizens for the critical need of Society We work with activities to spread awareness and share the benefits of Arts in the society. The Kala Uday Society was registered on 17 December 2015 with Act of 2012 (Registration No.01060).
Activities of Society:
- 1st All India Printmaking (woodcut) Workshop from the date October 9th to October 12th 2016 at KITM college Kurukshetra in which participated a large number of Artists from 20 states across the India.
- National Level Logo Competition in June 2016 at Department of Fine Arts Kurukshetra University Kurukshetra.
- 1st All India Arts Exhibition organizing from the May 7th 2017 to May 10th 2017 in Punjab Kala Bhawan Chandigarh it’s not noteworthy that this time participations is from every corner of the country we have exhibits coming from more than 23 states. It’s an achievement for a blossoming society like ours.
- Five cash award of Rs. 10,000/- (Ten Thousand only) each in five sections i.e Paintings, Print Making, Drawings, Sculptures and Photography/Digital.
- Five consolation cash prize of Rs.2500/- (Two Thousand Hundred only) to special outstanding works.
- One Special Award (HARYANA KALA SAMMAN) of 5000/- for the entry of depicting folk culture of Haryana.
- Ashish Kumar (Delhi) Sculpture titled “Untitled -I”
- Jaspreet Singh (Chandigarh) Painting titled “Shabad Guru”
- Kunal Soni (Vikram) (Haryana) Photography titled “Aksh Dhundhla hai-I”
- MADHUMITA DEY (Delhi) Photography titled “Rozmarrah – 1”
- Neelam Kumar Sahu (Chhattisgarh) sculpture titled “Fish Activities”
- ROHIT BAHUGUNA (Delhi) Painting titled “Catharsis-1”
- SANDEEP SUNERIYA (Gujarat) Graphic Print titled “Crowds-1”
- SARABPREET SINGH (Chandigarh) Drawing titled “A venerable journey”
- SONAM SIKARWAR (Madhya Pradesh) Drawing titled “Hidden Nature in seed‘s“
- UTKRSH JAISWAL (Uttar Pradesh) Painting (Digital) titled “The Spiritual Transition