23 January 2021
Make your Valentine feel Special this year by Baking some Heart Shape cookies with your own hands. Hand made things always get a special space in anyone’s heart. What could better than making a Heart to reach a Heart? We are sharing a cream cheese frosting for the cookies to make your Valentine extra special. And feel free to dye the frosting any colors you wish or use any sprinkles your heart desires!
We are making them perfectly customizable making them for the perfect gift-able treat.
PREPRATION TIME:30 MINS
TOTAL TIME:1 HOUR 40 MINS
1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for surface 1 tsp.
baking powder 1/2 tsp.
kosher salt 1 cup
(2 sticks) butter, softened 1 cup
granulated sugar 1
large egg 1 tsp.
pure vanilla extract 1 tbsp.
FOR THE BUTTERCREAM
(8-oz.) block cream cheese, softened 1/2 cup
(1 stick) butter, softened 4 cup
powdered sugar 1 tsp.
pure vanilla extract 1/4 tsp.
Pink and red food coloring
HOW TO PREPARE:
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In another large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter and sugar until fluffy and pale in color. Add egg, milk, and vanilla and beat until combined, then add flour mixture gradually until totally combined.
- Shape into a disk and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- When ready to roll, preheat oven to 350º and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Lightly flour a clean work surface and roll out dough until 1/8” thick. Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out cookies and transfer to prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until edges are lightly golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Make frosting: In a large bow using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt and beat until combined.
- Divide frosting into 3 bowls. Add pink food coloring to one bowl and red food coloring to another. Stir each bowl and add more food coloring until desired color is reached.
- Frost cookies using an offset spatula with each color of frosting, then top with sprinkles.