1 June 2017
SD College is one of the best colleges in Tricity and each student dream of studying in it. We are presenting you a detailed information about this college and admission structure for 2017-2018 session.
Dr Bhushan Kumar Sharma, Principal, GGDSD College, Chandigarh
“At GGDSD College, students are exposed to globally benchmarked set of teaching pedagogies. Education is imparted through brainstorming sessions, diagnostic tests, bridge courses, seminars, guest lectures, power point presentations, case studies, workshops and educational excursions. The college offers a stimulating learning environment that nurtures students’ talents and grooms them to face the competitive world with confidence and fortitude.”
Dr Gagandeep Sharma, Dean, Admissions,
“GGDSD College is highly responsive to the needs of the students. From the last two years, the college has shifted to a completely automated system of functioning, thus providing transparency and enhancing the efficiency of the entire administrative process. The demand ratio for all courses is steadily rising and an increase is expected in the applications for the skill oriented BVoc courses this year.”
HELPINE FOR ADMISSIONS:
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE WITH ADDITIONAL ELECTIVE SUBJECTS IN HUMANITIES
UNDERGRADUATE DEGREE WITH ADDITIONAL ELECTIVE SUBJECTS IN SCIENCE
ADD ON (CAREER ORIENTED) COURSES
FULLY AUTOMATED CAMPUS
The college has signed an MoU with Tata Consultancy Services, which enables full automation of all administrative as well as academic transactions. There are 2 kinds of services offered:
1. DIGITAL CAMPUS: Commonly known as Campus Management System (CMS), it empowers the College to carry out all the teaching and administrative activities online. This portal organizes students’ information from admission to declaration of examination results. The college has developed an online system with help of TCS through which a candidate is required to fill online e-form, the link for which is available on the college Website www.ggdsd.ac.in. It includes Seat allocation, Batch allocation and Student enrolment, Hostel occupancy, Attendance and Mid-Semester and Final Exam marks.
Students can view their personal profiles, time tables, faculty allotments, fee due, attendance and result through their own login IDs. They can also pay fee through fee bizapp and apply leave online through Self service/mtop (mobile app).
Attendance, and marks of the students are entered online by the faculty and the same can checked by the students through their exclusive log-in IDs.
2. DIGITAL LEARNING: Faculty and students can upload and share relevant academic content, videos, and text. Faculty can plan their courses and their teaching methodologies. This is a tool which automatically creates a database/library for the students and the faculty.
RARE DISTINCTIONS OF THE COLLEGE
•Accredited with ‘A+’ Grade by the NAAC during the session 2016-17.
• Ranked 41st in All India Ranking 2017 by NIRF (The National Institutional Ranking Framework), MHRD, Govt. of India.
•Bestowed with status of ‘A College with Potential for Excellence’ by the UGC
•Selected under ‘FIST Programme’ scheme by the DST, Government of India
• Sanctioned ‘Deen Dayal Upadhyay Knowledge Acquisition and Upgradation of Skilled Human Abilities and Livelihood ‘(KAUSHAL) Kendra’ status by UGC to run B.Voc. courses.
• College runs Diploma in Medical Lab Technology under the Community College Scheme.
• Conferred Research Centre status by P.U. in the subjects of Biotechnology and Chemistry.
• Ranked 10th in BBA, 22nd in commerce and 30th in Science and Arts by ‘India Today’ in collaboration with Nielson India survey in 2015.
• The college runs three innovative programs recognized by the UGC including M.Sc. Applied Chemistry (Pharmaceutical), MEFB (Masters in Entrepreneurship and Family Business) and M.Sc. Bioinformatics.
• Departments of Commerce & Management, Bio Sciences and Economics have been declared as “Star Departments” by UGC.
• College runs 13 parallel Career Oriented ‘Add on’ courses.
•The College runs “Manasuday” – a meditation and counselling centre.
• MoU with acclaimed University of the Fraser Valley (UFV), Canada for BBA and Computer Information System (CIS) Program
• MoU with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS iON) for automation solutions and developing Enterprises Resource Planning (ERP)
• MoU with National Stock Exchange (NSE) to run a new NSE Certified Capital Market ProfessionalCourse
•Industrial tie-ups with Punjab Dairy Development Board, Central Poultry Development Organization, Big Bazar, ITC Retail, TCS and HPMC
• Granted INFLIBNET connection by the UGC
GGDSD College will conduct centralized admission for BBA, BCA and MSc (IT) for the session 2017-18. The students must apply at the DHE website. Counselling for these courses will be held at GGDSD College and thereafter the student will apply to the college allotted to him/her according to merit.
Centralized admission for BCom will be held at Panjab University.
Last date of registering online for Centralized Admission to BBA / BCA / M.Sc.IT / M.Com, B.Sc.(Med / Non-Med / CS th / IT / CS / Comp App) 1st Semester Course 2017 in all Govt. and Private Colleges in Chandigarh is 26 June, 2017.
COUNSELING SCHEDULE AT SD COLLEGE for CENTRALIZED ADMISSION
(Timings: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm)
CLASS 1st counselling 2nd counselling Venue
BBA July 10-12, 2017 July 19-20, 2017 Main Auditorium
BCA July 13-15, 2017 July 21-22, 2017 Main Auditorium
MSc (IT) July 17-18, 2017 July 22, 2017 Main Auditorium
Admission process for other courses at SD College with non-centralized admission.
The prospectus for Admission to all non-centralized courses will be available from June 1, 2017 on the college website. The admission process can be completed online as explained on the website. Last date for submission of forms is July 4, 2017. Admission will be conducted by the college for BA, all PG Courses except MSc (IT) and MCom because admission for MSc (IT) and MCom is centralized; PG Diplomas, BVoc, and the 3rd and 5th semesters of all classes.
1) Normal Admission for ongoing classes/new classes
10.07.2017 to 22.07.2017
2) Late Admission (for ongoing classes/new classes) to be allowed by the Principal with late fee of Rs. 560/- per student.
24.07.2017 to 31.07.2017
3) Late Admission with late fee of Rs. 2040/- with the permission of Vice Chancellor 01.08.2017 to 14.08.2017
ADMISSION PROCESS – FULLY AUTOMATED
Admission Process (New Students)
1. Visit College website: www.ggdsd.ac.in
2. Click the link “Online Admission”
3. Click on “New Applicant”
Fill and upload personal and academic information along with registration fee of Rs 800 for College and additional Rs 600 for Hostel (if required)
4. For registration fee, there are two modes of payment:
(a) Internet Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card
(b) Scratch Card (which can be bought from college counter)
5. For Uploading the documents, following scanned certificates are required, so keep those handy (in case of new admission/ hostel admission) **:
10th Marks Sheet
10+2 Marks Sheet
Detail marks certificate of last exam
Gap Year Certificate
Sub Category Certificate (SC/ST/Differently Abled/Physically Challenged Persons/ Wards of Freedom Fighters/Wards of Defence Personnel, Single Girl Child, Foreign student, Cancer Patient, Thalassemia Patient, AIDS Patient, 1984 Riot Victim of Punjab, Sports, Wards of Martyrs/Permanently Disabled of Kargil War, Rural Area Student, Border Area Student, any other)*
P.U. (CET) Entrance Exam Result
Aadhaar Card (Self and Mother or Father)
Sports Gradation Certificate from Chandigarh Sports Department
Anti Ragging Certificate from Parent
** Upload the required and relevant certificates
6. Fill the e-form by 4rd July, 2017.
7. Deficient documents can be reloaded by 6thJuly, 2017 Online using user ID and password mailed to your email id filled in e-form.
8. Check your name in merit list on college website.
9. Applicant will receive SMS / email regarding date , time and venue of the first counseling Interact and show original certificates personally to the admission committee on the admission day.
10. Admission will be granted for the applied course and the hostel (if required) on merit basis.
11. Fee Challan will be given by the admission committee which is to be deposited in the bank. After depositing the fee in the bank, receipt of the fee is to be submitted back in the college office for finalizing the process of admission.
The college has an excellent hostel facility for both boys and girls with a capacity to accommodate 275 boys and 300 girls approximately. The boys’ and girls’ hostels are separately located on the college campus. The rooms are spacious and well furnished. Each hostel has its own air-conditioned mess cum dining hall, reading hall and an office area. Strict discipline is followed in the hostels. Admission to the hostel is strictly on merit basis.
Spread over a sprawling 16.5 acres of land, the college boasts of a beautifully landscaped campus.
The Administrative Block is one of the most important sections of the college. The ground floor houses Principal’s office, Registrar’s office, Administrative offices and Conference Hall. The Management Offices and Kaushalya Devi Charitable Institute are located on the first floor. On the 2nd floor there are Guest Rooms and Mini Auditorium.
Library Resource Centre cum IT Block- The Library Resource Centre cum IT Block consists of the Digital Library, Reading Hall and a Periodical Section on the ground floor; a Reference Section, Post Graduate Library, Pt. Mohan Lal Digitalization centre, 4 classrooms and 1 lab on the first floor; 7 labs, 2 teaching class rooms, 1 server room, 1 staff room and 1 HOD room on the second floor. Library houses more than 68,850 books, 31,50,400 e-books and EBSCOHOST research database.
Teaching Blocks – Other than these, Pt. Mohan Lal Block, Prof. Roshan Lal Verma Block, a Science Block, Faculty Interaction Room, Girls’ Common Room, a 3 storied boys’ hostel (comprising blocks), one girls’ hostel (comprising three blocks, recreation hall, sports ground, auditorium cum gymnasium) and Principal’s lodge too are an integral part of the well planned campus.
Classrooms, laboratories, Seminar Halls – College has 96 spacious classrooms (including 21 smart rooms equipped with all the modern technologies), 49 labs, 2 lecture theatres and 8 seminar halls. The college has also added a dark room, computer section, a green house, a herbal garden and 5 aquariums.
IT Infrastructure – The department of IT has 8 Laboratories for practical based learning. The students at the department have a unique opportunity of working in different development environments like MS-DOS, Linux, MS Windows, UNIX and TCSion databases. The college is intra-connected with the help of gigabit network with fibre-optic backbone cable allowing data rates of 2 Gbps. The backbone links 8 buildings of the campus and hostels to the main server. Wireless internet access is available in the campus and in both the hostels.