22 November 2017
With an aim to enhance the standard of education in our country in line with Government’s vision of DIGITAL INDIA, Connect Broadband and Videocon Wallcam, have taken a huge initiative to ensure that students get more practical education, making youth more employable. Connect Broadband and Videocon Wallcam has established and set up a Videocon Advanced Communication Lab at GNA University, Jalandhar.
Mr. Arvind Bali, CEO, Connect Broadband and Videocon Wallcam and Mr. Gurdeep Singh Sihra , President GNA University, inaugurated the prestigious lab facility amid students and faculty members today. As technology leaders in the domain, Connect Broadband has taken this major initiative for introduction of industry best practices with the budding engineers.
Videocon Advanced Communication Lab is equipped with latest technologies like BTS (Base Transceiver Station), Fibre Optical termination, OPTICAL MUX – Transmission Equipment, Optical Network Unit for Voice Network, DSLAM for Broadband Network, CPEs and ADSL Routers. This would enable the students to experiment on these technologies. Earlier a MoU was signed between Quadrant Televentures Ltd, operating under brand names of Connect Broadband and Videocon Wallcam; and GNA, for collaboration in sharing advancements in communication technology. As technology leaders in the domain;
- Setting up of the lab would benefit the faculty, Under Graduate (UG), Post Graduate (PG) and PhD students for lab experimentation, BE projects, ME / PhD Dissertation in the field of communication
- It shall help the industrial training, industrial tour and employment of the Under Graduate, Post Graduate students of ECE department
- It shall help in improving the technical skills of the faculty by providing up to date technology development training from time to time. Hands on experience of live technologies and hence better technical understanding of the same
- Create opportunity for university students to work on projects like, RF optimization, Network planning, EMF, Transmission, Broadband (DSL) etc.Enable the students to use the lab for exploring new and fresh innovative ideas and support for the same will be provided by Connect Broadband
- Will also provide the knowledge regarding FTTH based Access Technology devices, BTS (Base Transceiver Station), CPEs & Routers
This arrangement is on Non-commercial basis.
Speaking on the inauguration ceremony, Mr Arvind Bali, CEO, Connect Broadband and Videocon Wallcam said, “We strongly believe that industry and academia have to work closely to establish centres of excellence. In international markets this has been the trend and we want to lead this culture in India as well. These engineering students are going to be the drivers of technology in future. We strongly believe that it is our responsibility to expose them to the technological developments around the globe. We have taken this initiative to ensure closer coordination with one of the most prestigious university in the region.”
“This is the sixth such lab set up by QTL (Connect Broadband & Videocon Wallcam). Earlier the company has already established advanced technology labs in Chitkara University, Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh University, GNDEC and Thapar University. ” added Mr. Bali.
Mr. Gurdeep Singh Sihra , President GNA University said, “We appreciate Videocon Connect for this initiative. It will help our students keep pace with the technological advancements in Communication Engineering. I am sure the students and the faculty will gain immensely from the interaction with the business group”.