14 April 2021
AWS (Amazon Web Services) in association with IEEE -Prakash Bharati (consortium of IEEE Photonics Society Chapters of India) is organizing the first part of the National Web Series to discuss the various Policy measures undertaken by the government under the National Education Policy 2020.
Ms. Vini Mahajan, Hon’ble Chief Secretary, Government of Punjab has kindly consented to be the Chief Guest for this Premier Virtual Panel Discussion on North India’s Plenary Session and shall inaugurate the event on 16th April 2021.
The Guest of Honour for the event would be Dr. Naresh Chand, Associate Vice President of IEEE Photonics Society, New Jersey, US.
This premier event is being technically sponsored by IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) Region 10, which happens to be the world’s largest technical professional organization for the advancement of technology and IEEE Region 10 Educational Activities Committee.
On the basis of the draft of New National Education Policy that has been approved by Union Cabinet, Government of India to bring quality in Higher Education to produce global competency in the Indian Learners, Top Academicians along with Techno- Industries and regulators of the region shall be brainstorming to discuss the measures to be taken to bring along the technology in Education.
The Program Chair for the event would be Dr. Manpreeet Singh Manna, Former Director AICTE, MOE India. Dr. Manna happens to be the one who nurtured and nourished the idea of Swayam India, one of the largest MOOC’s platforms in the world. The Co-Chair for the event would be Mr. Dilpreet Singh. He is the Employability Consultant, AWS India Internet Services Pvt. Ltd.
Session -1 of the event “Women Academic Leaders in Higher Education Institutions (HEIs)- Atmanirbhar Bharat ki Nari Shakti” will have eminent speakers like
· Dr. Madhu Chitkara, Pro Chancellor, Chitkara University Rajpura.
· Mrs. Pooja Agarwal, Pro Chancellor, SRMU Lucknow,
· Prof. Preeti Bajaj, Vice-Chancellor, Galgotias University, Greater Noida, Chair Educational Activity, IEEE R-10 Asia Pacific
· Dr. Neetu Bhagat, Dy. Director, SDC, AICTE, MoE India
· Mrs. Niraj Chandala, Joint Director, Department of IT, Govt. of Himachal Pradesh.
Session-2 of the Event will have a discussion on NEP 2020 Road Map from the Pillars of North Indian Universities, where the speakers will include
· Sh. Kunwar Shekhar Vijendra, Chancellor, Shobhit University, Meerut
· Prof. Rajendra Kumar Anayath, Vice-Chancellor, DCRUST Murtha
· Mr. Sunil PP, Head- Education and NPO’s, AWS India, Amazon Internet Services Pvt Ltd
· Prof. R.A. Gupta, Vice-Chancellor, Rajasthan Technical University, Kota
· Prof. Shailendra Jain, Director, SLIET, Longowal
· Prof. Manoj Arora, Vice Chancellor, BML Munjal University, Gurgaon
The Program Coordinator is Prof. Inderpreet Kaur, Secretary- Prakash Bharati, India, EXECOM member PES-IAS, Delhi Chapter.
This program proposes to benefit the Faculty members of various Higher Education Institutions.